Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torin Crowley

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy
Kinzor

Torin Crowley Empty
PostSubject: Torin Crowley   Torin Crowley EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 am

General:
E-mail (OPTIONAL):kinzor@live.com

Alt Name:Torin Crowley (if made)

A brief description of your character:
"You think I'm nuts? Well then, take my pride, just leave the clothes. ...No, seriously, I need them!"
The armor the wirey, aged man seems to be wearing makes him look rather distinctly dark. Oddly enough, he never seems to change it to change, and never seems to stink. From the buttoned sleeveless leathery vest with skull shaped bone material for buttons to the red clawtipped gloves on his fingers, it appears almost as if it were once living. The hat holds what looks like teeth hanging from it's brim, and the boots appear slightly mishapen at the top. He bears a long hairstyle, and eyes to match, looking aged, but not extremely wrinkled. Carrys a staff like a giant nutcracker, and a few toymaking tools. He's also nuts.

Why/How is your character in Skuldhellir:
The laws of insanity give no reason nor rhyme; however, the idea of getting some of the magical ore and supplies he could use to make worthless trinkets or feed the demon enthralls him. In addition to being able to try new cuisine (the demon) and collect a few souls; why would he not be here?

Magic (OPTIONAL):
---Max Preps (1-10):8

---Schools:
Electricity: 2
Necromancy/Other Black Magic: 5
Basic: 1

Strengths:
---Natural:
*Dexterity

---Learned:
*Literate.
*Toymaker.
*Magical knowledge
*Tinkering with items; Although, he mainly seems to build toys, give the loon long enough, and he may be able to figure out what's wrong with the mechanisms of certain items. Door hinges, loose bolts, creaking planks. They're not all too hard!
---Supernatural:
*His clothing is sentient. It never bears wear and tear, and seems to regenerate when torn. It is hard, like a demon's hide and is made from a former demon itself. It speaks to him, though it rarely voices itself publicly, though gurgling may be heard. Upon his command, the back of the vest can grow demonic wings, enabling short periods of flight. The claws on the armor can rend light amounts of flesh. When he is damaged it may try to get him the hell out of there if it can. The armor is also pretty resistant to magic.
*He carries about a heavy wooden staff, that looks more like a gigantic, thin, wooden toy soldier. Basically, it's a gigantic version of nutcracker prince, though the coloring is worn. The mouth opens. It is about six feet tall.
*After stealing souls for a good many years from dead creatures, he's gained an innate ability to sense and scry for familiar souls.
Weaknesses:
*He can be very creepy, bordering some level of insanity and dementia, and this tends to keep people away. Also looking as shifty and messed up as he, trust may not be on the menu first look.
*Weak to holy magic. Both him and the demon. 50% more effective.
*Tends to occassionally argue with the demon.
*The armor may sometimes act on it's own, causing trouble. Even if he doesn't seem to care, it can be a bother and perhaps other things if his hat were to leap off his head and bite someone with the fangs on the brim.
*If he were to lose his armor, he'd lapse into some kind of coma or immense insanity if he did not find it.
*While the armor cannot really be destroyed easily... and can also regenerate from even the smallest of scrap, the man himself is fit, but frail. Not physically strong, either.
*Priorties? Fuck you. This is troublesome in dire situations.
*Split personalities: While he doesn't actually have two different people in there. Well, save for the demon, his demented and childlike eccentricity can tend to drive him to sudden mood and drastic changes in almost anything. This isn't always ideal.
*Overly dramatic. Rambles to the point of losing sight of the general topic and or plan.
*Insomniac; Demented and crazy, his thoughts always swarm. He himself does nothing but bound about like a nut, and in addition, rarely enjoys any time in bed.
*Claustrophobic; Being confined to spaces for any period of time is irritating for a man who loves his freedom. He doesn't like it, and he would probably try to bite someone if he was given the chance.
*Aged; Although he's not some geezer who would cough up a lung, he appears to be in his early to mid fourties, an all things take toll
*Reckless

Last edited by Kinzor on Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

Torin Crowley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torin Crowley   Torin Crowley EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:04 am

Strengths:
1. Magic; 11

2. Dexterity; 1

3. Literate; 1
4. Toymaker; 0
5. Magical knowledge; 2
6. Tinkering; 1

7. Sentient clothing; 3
8. Wooden staff; 1
9. Soul scrying; 1-2

Weaknesses:
1. Creepy and insane; 2
2. Weak to holy magic; 3
3. Arguing with your lil' demonic buddy; 1
4. Sentient armor OH NO; 2
5. Lack of armor = crazier/coma dude; 3 (I would've rated it a four, but then I wondered just how easy is it to loose sentient armor...)
6. Physically weak and frail; 1-2 (While he is weak, he does have sentient armor that could protect him... even if it argues with him; double-edged sword, metaphorically?)
7. Lack of priorities; 1
8. Split personas; 1
9. Overly dramatic; 1

Totals:
Strengths = 21-22
Weaknesses = 15-16

Got to see this fellow in action the other day; he's an interesting one, certainly, and I like him. He sooort of squeaks by but sort of doesn't-- that's what I get for some uncertain scoring on my behalf. If you want, taking out the soul scrying will balance him out, but on the other hand if you wanna keep it... another weakness would be needed.
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

Torin Crowley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torin Crowley   Torin Crowley EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:16 am

I'm going to attempt a score sheet as well due to Lauren's uncertainty. :V This does not in any way mean this application is closed, however.

STRENGTHS
1. Magic: 11
2. Dexterity: 1
3. Literate: 1
4. Toymaker: 0
5. Magical knowledge: 3
6. Tinkering: 1
7. Armor: 5
8. Has a staff: 0 (I will raise this if the staff has any special abilities. As it is, staves are an optional implement for magic users; not all of them need a staff.)
9. Soulsense: 2

WEAKNESSES
1. Creepy: 1
2. Weak to holy magic: 4 (Just how weak, though?)
3. Argues: 0
4. Sentient armor: 1
5. Coma induced by armorlack: 3
6. Physical weakness: 2
7. Lolpriorities: 1
8. Split personalities: 1
9. Dramatic: 1

Strengths Total: 24
Weaknesses Total: 14

That's a 10 point difference! You're going to need to either boost your weaknesses or take off some strengths.
Back to top Go down
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy
Kinzor

Torin Crowley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torin Crowley   Torin Crowley EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Added insomnia and claustrophobia, as well as age. Wreckless as well, but I thought that was obvious or lumping with the others.

Also Lauren. Yes, the armor is a double edged sword. The bickering. The disobeying. The havoc even when he's trying to behave. But it also allows him protection by acting if he's down. It can't regenerate as fast under extreme duress, and it's only leathery, so concussive blows are only cushioned, but it doesn't stop momentum as well as sturdy plate would. Basically, as leather could be better described (even though it's not technically true), it's like a cushioned, or thicker cloth. Doesn't knick, tear, or wet as easy.
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

Torin Crowley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torin Crowley   Torin Crowley EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:51 am

Updating your number sheets, Lauren and Edwarde? Or should I go ahead and post a third one?
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

Torin Crowley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torin Crowley   Torin Crowley EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:00 pm

I'll take a look finally.

STRENGTHS:
- Magic: 8 + 3 = 11
-Dexterity: 2
-Literate: 0-1
-Toymaker: 0