Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN

Go down 
+2
Lares
Heimdall
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN Empty
PostSubject: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am

Needed before grand opening:
DONE Finish the NPCs in the mines. (Necessary but shouldn't take TOO long.)
DONE Finalize the weather and time of day DS. (Needs a lot of testing though)
DONE Fix the temperature DS. Ugh. (I THINK this works now...)
DONE Set the NPCs to change according to time of day and weather. (This will take a while, since I don't want the place to completely empty at night, so there will have to be some night-specific NPCs. Just a couple, though.)
DONE Do extensive testing on the !weather check command. Maybe add more parameters?
DONE Test the idle DS again to make sure it's fixed.
DONE Finally finish the dirt/pebblesand transition floor tiles, lol. They've been unfinished since day 1.
DONE Finish up the last few outside NPCs.
DONE Make a mine-entrance patch.
DONE Add teleport commands.
- Finish the dwarf. (Needs ports (3), specitags (3), north-facing walking poses (2), and laying poses (4) and shading. It can go unshaded for a while.)
DONE Adjust the port set to make it all work smoothly. (Needs a new background, basically. Eventually I'll make new ports for it. The male hyooman and feline need their Northkeep sigils removed.)
DONE Add screenshake + sound to idle DS.
DONE Fix the password NPCs (since I changed them, they emit the wrong things sometimes (when you're trying to leave))

Not needed but I still really want:
DONE Nudge DS
- Ability to flag yourself as IC
- Tinker with the new idea for furre tracking.
- Make the magic prep failure DS button/auto dice roll/etc fanciness. (Not necessary, but fun and a good idea. Won't take long. Should we require folks to post something in their post, like a smiley or something, whenever it involves magic? That way the DS can automatically pick up on it, and when someone uses magic it can have a popup window asking "Sup, is there a backfire chance? y/n")
- Inspection commands. (You're in a room, and by typing !inspect or !look around or something you get a description. Less necessary since the patches are pretty accurate, but it'd be nice. I ALWAYS wanted to do this in NK. Also being able to look at items, read posters, etc.)
- REINDEER RIDES!

Can anyone think of anything I've forgotten? Are there any bugs in the dream that I need to squash?

Last edited by Heimdall on Sun May 02, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Lares
Hrhr!

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 am

I think the Teleportation should be mixed, like mediotors can instantly teleport as well to the inside of the magic guild, or somewhere with a password, normal members just to...normal places. Seriously, I would hate walking arround constantly x3
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Teleporation can be mixed, like it was in NK-- just don't reveal the !passwords since we mediators already know where to look for 'em. ;DD 'sides, we could just 'port to the entrances of those places and say the !password and...

Anyway, for the magic DS button... maybe a @ could be used? And if you accidently trigger it, there will be a cancel sort of button or command, y/n?

And OH! At the entrytext, there's a typo somewhere... *goes to look*
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Yeah, the magic thing will be like:

Are you casting a prep with a backfire chance?
yes/no
Clicking no will make it say "Carry on, then!" or something.
Clicking yes will make it ask you "What's your affinity level for this school?" and then "What prep are you at?"
Then it'll spit out whether you fail or not--where everyone can see it! So if you forget to do it, then someone can remind you.

I think it'll be an emoticon, since that's easier to not accidentally trigger, yet still easy to quickly insert. I can patch it to be a little magical starburst or something. :3 Then, if you forget to put it in your post, you can just use a ! command, so it'll be silent but still spit out the backfire chance.

I also added an inspection system to the list.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Oooh, major derp. I read 'bout the y/n-ness and yet somehow it DID NOT STICK. Silly brain.

But alright, tha's cool-- inspection system? Oooh, like when you could F3 the bookshelves in the library and meeting room in NK?
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Yep, and also just being able to say !look around and get a description of the area.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:15 pm

.... >3
*sits down in the pub* !look

"You're in the Porthole Pub and its upstairs inn. There are usually many dwarves here. Look out for mysteriously appearing pints of ale."
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Those only happen when Ulrin is NPC'ing a pub full of drunk dorfs who's faces are as fuzzy as Lauren's butt. ;D
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Dood I'd love to help write inspection descriptions. I think there should be a lot of 'em, too--not just for rooms and bookshelves. You could do it for market stands, some NPCs (gives more information than you'd get from just looking at them, much as you'd glean if you actively inspected a person), paintings (teehee), some tables with stuff on 'em, nodes and the strange things in the mines, animals...
Back to top Go down
XinonHyena
Bardman
XinonHyena

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Ooh I do love that idea. (and why didn't I know about the !looks in Northkeep? :'( ) I can't wait to see the more detailed description of the Gryffe butcher...
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:19 am

Most of the stuff in NK was triggered by F3. And Ed, I'd planned on doing that here, fo' sho'. I just didn't add it to the list for some reason... and now it'll be lumped into the !inspect. Hoolay.

So, I just reloaded the dream, and it now features fully functional weather and time of day DS. The temperature will adjust per hour, it's colder at night than in the daytime (it's 29 degrees Fahrenheit right now, brrr!), and the weather changes randomly around once ever 9 or 10 hours. (I may decrease that time.) Anyway, this was some tricksy DS, so please let me know if you see anything that looks weird. During the day the temperature should vary around 55, and at night it'll be usually 35-40ish I think? Not sure how the numbers will work out in the long run, but we'll see! Sun rises at 6:30 am, and sets at 7 pm.

So yeah, just help me squash bugs. 8)
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 am

*brings out the EPIC BUG HAMMER*

I see none yet, granted I just got into the dream about 10 minutes ago. Looks nice so far, and I like the whole weather-checkin' DS. x3
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 pm

I'll likely be removing the temperature DS from the next upload, since it seems to be kersploded. The problem with testing it is that it activates based on the time, so I'll have to spend a couple days figuring out what it's doing. The idle DS should be fixed in the next reload, though.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 pm

*eyes it* Is it because it was in the 30s today? It's about 10 degrees now....
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:38 pm

It looks like it didn't warm up when the sun rose. Did the sun even rise? :p
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 pm

XD I would tell you had I been up that early. It was keeping to the 30s all when I've been on up 'till the evening-- that's when it hit the low teens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN   IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN Empty

Back to top Go down

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWWN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skuldhellir :: The Olde Inn :: Dream Discussion-
Jump to: