Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About the Noticeboard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

About the Noticeboard Empty
PostSubject: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:05 pm

The noticeboard, located northeast of the town square, is a tall wooden board bristling with pieces of parchment and nails. Though it's cleared every once in a while, usually the new bulletins just stack on top of the older ones.

Anyone is allowed to post on the noticeboard, but anyone is allowed to tear bulletins down as well.

To post a new bulletin, just make a new topic with your bulletin's text in it!

In addition to posting a thread, you can also post your bulletin in the dream! The five most recent in-dream bulletins are included there. Type !read while facing the noticeboard to read them.

To post a bulletin in the dream, first go to the noticeboard in the dream and face it.
About the Noticeboard Skuldhellirnb1

Then type !post "message text" without the "". Include a link to your thread!
About the Noticeboard Skuldhellirnb2

If your bulletin is too long, it will say so, but if it's an acceptable length, your bulletin will be added to the in-dream noticeboard!

You can also tear down a post. On the forum, just make an IC reply to the notice saying that your character tears it down. In the dream, go to face the noticeboard and type !tear # where # is a number from 1 to 5. The oldest bulletin is 1 (at the top of the list when you !read). The newest is 5 (at the bottom of the list).

Last edited by Heimdall on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

PostSubject: Re: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 am

Kain, have I ever told you how awesome you are?
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 am

Questions, we has them.

I was wondering, and so was someone else, about what'll happen if some troll or unsavory shows up and posts stupid, inappropriate stuff on the noticeboard? I know we've already been doing some silly OoC posts just to make sure it works, but what about... well, "troll notices?" Is there anything that can be done to prevent that?
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Not yet. When we go public I'll put in some DS where mediators can scratch out bad notices. So there's no way to prevent them, but there will be a way to hide 'em.

I actually wonder if ANYone should be able to scratch out notices. After all, anyone would be able to do it ICly/on the noticeboard forum. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Hm... I like the idea of scratching out notices via anyone, since it would reflect realistic roleplay in dream AND allow us mediators to take out trollish posts.

However, perhaps there should be an IC-post of IC-tearing down that goes with it? Proof it happened ICly and not OoCly? Would keep folks from just ripping them down for kicks, OoCly.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Yeah, I mean, if it's a troll post on the FORUM we'll just delete it. If it's a non-troll post on the forum, anyone can post below ICly that they tear it down. And then, in-dream, whether it was a trollpost or a normal post, it'll just emit "Some scraps of paper remain where a message was torn down."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Noticeboard   About the Noticeboard Empty

Back to top Go down

About the Noticeboard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skuldhellir :: The Olde Inn :: The Noticeboard-
Jump to: