Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NPCs

Go down 
+3
Ulrin Lightbringer
Sneeuw
Heimdall
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: NPCs   NPCs EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Help me design the dream's NPCs! They're almost all inconsequential and just there to be cool. I have a bunch of placeholder NPCs in the dream already, but eventually they'll all talk and be patched and stuff.

Here's what we have:
3-4 people on the docks (fishing, etc)
2 people with fish stands hawking their wares
lots of people in the market place:
1 herbalist
1 baker
1 butcher
1 tailor
1 person selling eggs and chickens
1 person selling cookware
1 person selling baskets and other misc stuff
1 person selling fruits and vegetables (rich-looking; a big stand)
1 person selling trinkets (has a single cart--poor-looking)

There are some NPCs in the guilds too!
2-3 fighters
2-3 miners
2-3 wizards

2-3 farmers too, including 1 person with some goats. (She's already kinda there but I may redo her!)

2 people standing around in the town hall, and 1 secretary-type person sitting at a desk there.

1 doorperson/greeter in the rich tavern

5-6 people in the mines, including one secretary-type person

1-2 people with reindeer

Maybe 1-2 healers in the hospital? Should they be wearing religious attire?

Maybe a barkeep for each tavern that the PC bartenders can move via DS?

Give me ideas for species, colors, genders, and personalities! There should be mostly dorfs and furries, with a couple hyoomans. I think maybe there could be one really poor and disheveled elf--maybe the poor-looking person in the marketplace could be that elf.
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I also have a file of NPCs I made for an old game/persona play dream, Bottleneck Bay. So if any of these can be used just lemme know.

I'm making a dorf avatar that I'll make the dorf NPCs from, and then the furries will be a combination of the default free avatars and the nobles, with some others too! Like Vai's byrddes and stuff.

NPCs Npcsv
Back to top Go down
Sneeuw
Slightly Tipsy
Sneeuw

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 pm

I think at least one of the wizards in the Mages Guild should be a female dwarf with brunette hair and a green robe, if possible. C: Maybe she'll have a funny hat, too- not exactly the tall pointed wizard one, but one that still says 'quirky magic-user'.

I'd like to see a door person in the fancy tavern who was a silver and white stallion, and he should probably wear colors that compliment the decor without blending in. So maybe a shade of purple not used in that room?

I think the healers should be wearing religious attire, yes. Sounds good to me.

I like the red squirrel against the boat you have there, maybe you can use her for a dock person.

I have to say, I really like the stag with the lute. Maybe he could be stuffed into one of the taverns?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sneeuw-w.webs.com
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:18 pm

I can do all-a those, Snee. I think that the stag can go in the fancy tavern, and the fancy-tavern-doorperson will probably be a female horse instead of a stallion--as much as I love stallions, I think most of the rich merchants would be male, and would want a pretty girl instead of a boy. XD

I also went ahead and made a waifish, poor female elf manning that little trinket cart.
Back to top Go down
Sneeuw
Slightly Tipsy
Sneeuw

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:27 am

Ahhh, I get you on the stallion thing. I'm disappoint, but the logic makes sense to me.

D'aw, poor elf lady. That'll add some color, though. 8D

Oh dude, I just noticed the drunk bear. He looks fun. Maybe he could be in the poor person tavern. So in one you have a pretty mare and the other one just gets a drunk lardass.
Back to top Go down
Sneeuw
Slightly Tipsy
Sneeuw

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 am

Ahhh, I get you on the stallion thing. I'm disappoint, but the logic makes sense to me.

D'aw, poor elf lady. That'll add some color, though. 8D

Oh dude, I just noticed the drunk bear. He looks fun. Maybe he could be in the poor person tavern. So in one you have a pretty mare and the other one just gets a drunk lardass.

Wouldn't it be kind of odd in a wonderful way if the chicken and egg seller was a white byrdde?

I can see one of the healers being a petite grey mouse woman. Maybe the other one should be a blonde male dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 am

LAWL and A+ to drunk bear. I like these here ideas so far. That bloody butcher gryphon should so totally be in the market square. He just looks so badass. XD
Back to top Go down
Lares
Hrhr!

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:07 am

Of course some guards! But not with a preened and clean uniform, he would simply have an impressive weapon and his clothes would be pretty sturdy.
And he needs to be tough, I thought something along a Dragon.
And maybe a cook, who makes....questionable stuff for the poor? Well, it still costs of course, but it's faar cheaper then eating something in a taverne. The squirrel got there in my eye x3
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:40 am

Wasn't the drunken bear used in that Mountain Ale quest in NK? Y'know, the one during the Winter Festival? I liked that guy. <3 I like the butcher gryphon too, but maybe his smock (itself, not the blood) could be a bit darker in color if he's used? Might look more "natural" than the modern-day white smocks of butchers today.
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 pm

I do be lovin' that gryphon, and I agree with Lolren on the smock thing. A pale brown or likewise would prolly look better.

Definitely need at least one pointy-hatter in the wizard's guild! If you make it a scruffy, bearded human in a red and gold robe I will be immensely pleased. >> <<

I think the miner NPCs (in the guild and mines) should be mostly dorfs, with the exception of like a mole furre or somethin'.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Holy shit, Snee, that is amazing. I definitely just took your suggestion and made the eggseller a vaguely chicken-y white byrdde. That is devious. DEVIOUS.

Smock on gryffe darkened! I'll leave him as the butcher for now. Though I LOVE Lares' idea about a guy selling cheap, questionable food. x3 The gryffe looks like he could fill that role really well, too! So maybe I'll make a different, more "normal" butcher too, hehe.

And yep, that bear was in NK for a while! The only reason I don't like him is because he's pink. XD I may remake him to be slightly less pink. But drunk bears ftw.

I'll give the two healers similarly-colored clothes/robes and we can decide on the actual details of the religious sect later.

Ed, I like that hyooman idea. I already have two wizards in there, the blue lizard guy with the pointy hat and Snee's green-robed dorflady, but I could definitely add another!
Back to top Go down
Sneeuw
Slightly Tipsy
Sneeuw

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:25 pm

HOORAY. 8D *Gleesome!* Byrddy eggseller for the win!
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Actually, Snee, I just realized that the doorperson in the White Door Inn would probably be buff enough to kick dudes out, so it'd more likely be male. I'll put the mare on the inside and then the bouncer can be her brother. :B
Back to top Go down
Sneeuw
Slightly Tipsy
Sneeuw

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 pm

STALLION CAN HAS! 8D
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 am

Hawt stallion is hawt.
Also, I agree with Eddard's oldwiz. He sounds deliciously wizardly. Maybe the questionable foodseller could be a bugge? Needz moar buggez.

There should also be a bunch of shady dealers. Fake dragon eggs and fake magical amulets (possibly a real one once every blue moon). Perhaps drugs and the like.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:17 am

I plan on having a couple shady folks, Ul! There's one already. And definitely a bugge somewhere. I'm trying to get a wide range of species. Right now there's 1 elf, 1 hyooman, 4 mice, 4 horses (not sure how there came to be so many mice and horses, but I'm cutting back now. XD), 2 canines (an african wild dog and a fox), 1 bunny, 1 ferret, 2 bovines, 1 deer, 1 byrdde, 1 wyrmme, 1 gryffe, 1 sheep, 1 kangaroo, 2 squirrels, and 6 dorfs. (There will be assuredly more dorfs. I haven't done the mines/miner guild yet.)
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Okay, so now that I'm adding day/night and weather into the dream, I definitely want the NPCs to change depending on what's going on!

The current NPC setup will be for daytime and sunny. How should things change at night and when it's rainy or snowy?
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Well... *muses*
Night: The elf could stay, for sure, since she doesn't seem to have much of a home (let alone life) in SH as it stands... perhaps the shadier dealers could stick around at night too, but the other NPCs could be gone (presumed to bed or other places, since their more... legal wares don't need night-time protection)...

Now, for rain or snow... well, I guess the NPCs (especially the market dealers) could clear out on rainy days unless they have covers for their carts and 'emselves, and... Suddenly I'm not sure about the snow. The fruit and herbalist folks probably wouldn't be out in the open, and I can't imagine the meat gryffe being out there in the snow either...

No idea how helpful ANY of that was. XD It was just what came to mind.

Tl;dr: Would make sense to have the shadier folks out at night too, and those who's wares and persons do not fair in poorer conditions either covered or not outside (maybe in a building somewhere...?)
Back to top Go down
XinonHyena
Bardman
XinonHyena

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:59 pm

I personally love the snake selling bread.

Lauren's idea is tasty, but perhaps there could be some kind of storage for goods? Or that they take their goods along with them when they close up? Not only to avoid nightime free shopping, but wild animals and such could perhaps make way with their wares as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs   NPCs Empty

Back to top Go down

NPCs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skuldhellir :: The Olde Inn :: Dream Discussion-
Jump to: