Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sinder Auster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrk
Stone Sober

Sinder Auster Empty
PostSubject: Sinder Auster   Sinder Auster EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

General:
E-mail (OPTIONAL):

Alt Name: Sinder Auster

A brief description of your character: A magma elemental mimicing an anthro feline. Metal mask across face with slotted vent over mouth and charred up breastplate of some heat resistant metal.

Why/How is your character in Skuldhellir: Following Rystal to keep him from danger. Also, keen to show his knowledge of metallurgy and knows the dwarves to be among the most adept mortal race for the craft.

Magic:
---Max Preps (1-10): 6 (Any more than this, and Sinder loses his outer rock body. His exposed lava self has no solidity and cools down swiftly. See below)

---Schools:
Terramancy: 2
He can manipulate stone and earth without a terrible amount of difficulty. Has no precision in the method though, usually only conjuring up a small stalagmite or causing a cave in when pressured.

Pyromancy: 4
Conjuring flame and creating heat is certainly the ability he is most adept in. Manipulating fires comes as a natural skill of his and with a touch and many seconds of concentration, he can heat stone and metal to softness.

Magmamancy: 3
Something he believes is purely of his people. Essentially, it is the process of manipulating stone heated to liquid and controlling its shape and swiftly pulling the heat from it so it reverts to stone.

Strengths:
---Natural:
Large Size: Sinder's current form is 10 feet tall and though he is fairly slender, he is still fairly sturdy
Body Heat: His outer rock exoskeleton has an average temperature of 130 degrees F. Toward his cores pieces, located at his head and center of chest, it can reach the same temperature as the pit of a volcano (800 degrees F).
Stone Shell: Afformentioned stony exterior is, naturally, hard as rock. Slicing and cutting weaponry is fairly ineffective against him unless supernaturally sharp while blunt instruments keep their potency.
Few Vitals: The only areas that when critically damaged would cause 'death' are his core pieces.
Living Lantern: He can heat his own stone body to orange heat, providing a dim light in dark places.

---Learned:
Runic Knowledge: After being a thrall to so many wizards for quite a few centuries, he has begun to recognize runic symbols and sigils, especially ones having to do with summoning. He is incapable of using them himself however.

---Supernatural:
Limited Shapeshifting: His hands and tail he can slowly shift into more weaponized forms. He can gain sharp yet easily shatterable of obsidian claws or turn his fists into stone mauls. His tail can gain a spike of the same obsidian on its tip.
Breath of Fire: What else? He could breathe a small stream of flame akin to a dragon but non-magical in nature.

Weaknesses:
Fire to Stone: Being that he is made of magma and not fire, should his body temperature ever get low enough, he'd become solid stone unable to move but still entirely aware of his surroundings until he was warmed up. This makes him especially vunerable to long times spent in cold climates as well as magically conjured cold.
Hungry Flame: He must constantly consume coal, wood, oil or otherwise flammable materials to keep his inner body warm and malleable.
Outsider Elemental: As a denizen of the Elemental Plane of Fire, he can be banished or otherwise affected by magic that is used against non-mortal plane creatures.
Summon-Bound: Since he only exists on the mortal plane from summoning, were one to invoke proper rites and bindings he could be made to be an unwilling servant yet again.
Broken Mold: When his outer stone body is shattered or otherwise removed, he is reduced to amorphous lava shape. He may be much hotter in this state but he cannot move let alone keep coherency of which limb should be which. Also, he tends to cool quickly if not in some place very very warm.
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

Sinder Auster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinder Auster   Sinder Auster EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:33 am

I'm sorry about the long wait, if you do still come around! I'm trying to catch up on all the applications I was unable to look at.

For starters, though, you have his magical distributed funny. He only has a max prep count of 6, but you distributed 9 points between his schools. You can either raise his max preps up to 9 or lower the number of distributed points to 6. (Alternately, I would recommend removing magmamancy as a school of its own, because it sounds like a combination of pyromancy and terramancy already, and he would be able to do what it entails just with knowledge of those two!)

Assuming you do that, here's some scores:

STRENGTHS
1. Magic: 6+2=8
2. Large and sturdy: 2
3. Body heat: 2
4. Stone shell: 3
5. Few vitals: 2
6. Living lantern: 0

7. Rune recognition: 0
8. Minor shapeshifting: 1

WEAKNESSES
1. Extremely susceptible to cold: 5
2. Hungry flame: 3
3. Outsider elemental: 2
4. Summon-bound: 3
5. Broken mold: 4

Strengths Total: 18 (+3-4 if you either raise preps or keep magmamancy)
Weaknesses Total: 17

Looks good to me, even if you keep magmamancy and just change your preps from 6 to 9. I'm going to wait for a response before moving this to accepted. <:
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

Sinder Auster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinder Auster   Sinder Auster EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Moving this topic and marking it as abandoned.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

Sinder Auster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinder Auster   Sinder Auster EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Oops! I forgot to mention--he contacted me recently. I was fine with Ed's numbers, so I'mma just change his tag to accepted. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Sponsored content

Sinder Auster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinder Auster   Sinder Auster Empty

Back to top Go down

Sinder Auster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skuldhellir :: Characters :: Applications :: Finished Applications-
Jump to: