Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dokuja Aka

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Räven
Vulpes Vulpes
Räven

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:27 am

General:
E-mail (OPTIONAL): U HAV DIS ALRDY

Alt Name: Dokuja Aka

A brief description of your character:
Dokuja Aka is very old and has experienced much and as a result grown bored of much. As a result of this she actively seeks ways to experience new thrills or other ways to keep herself entertained. When not indulging in her own desires she leads a small but highly successful group of traders, using her accumulated experience and knowledge to bring in plenty of gold to fund her lifestyle.

Why/How is your character in Skuldhellir:
Why not? It's a new place for her to play around in and she's also recognized it as a potential place to do business.

Strengths:

---Natural:

Born in a desert, she has a high tolerance to heat and sunlight.

---Learned:

Entrepreneurship.
Wealth.
Martial Arts - Average (Not a novice, not an expert.)

---Supernatural:
Bendy - As if made of rubber she can bend more or less freely which allows her to fit into small spaces and squeeze through narrow areas, like the bars in a prisoncell.
Venomous - Like a snake she can deliver poison through biting. It's not lethal nor potent but a full dose will leave a grown man paralyzed for a couple of hours.
Regeneration - And it's the mother of all regeneration. To truly kill her you need to cut her head off, alternately burn her body to ash. A sword through her heart, or head or any other part that kills someone will kill her aswell and she will remain dead for as long as the weapon remains in her body.

Weaknesses:

She's not weak to cold per se, but like a cold blooded reptile shw will be sluggish in a cold climate and she will eventually lose the ability to move. She needs to be warmed up by someone (hugs) or something (hot bath of a fire). Warm clothes will counter this unless, of course, it's a blizzard or otherwise snotfreezingly cold.

For whatever reason, be it the smug act of the god within her or a smug act of fate, she's in the shape of a seven year old. This means she's physically limited. Her mind is also slightly affected, a comment on this below. In addition it's hard to take her seriously when she claims to be very much older than she looks and for some reason bartenders refuse to sell her alcohol. Also, ticklish.

The mind - Even though she has all her memories and experience, she still ends up acting like a child. This is on a case to case basis but in general, the more convinced someone is that she is a child the more likely she is to act like one. This is not a choice she makes, as embarrassed and awkward she might feel by being picked up or tickled she will end up acting her "age".

Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:29 pm

STRENGTHS

1. High heat/sunlight tolerance: 1
2. Entrepreneur: 1
3. Wealthy: 3
4. Average martial artist: 1
5. Bendy: 3
6. Venomous: 2
7. Regeneration: 5

WEAKNESSES
1. Sluggish in the cold: 2
2. SEVEN YEAR OLD LOLOLOL: 4
3. TICKLISH ROFLROFLROFL: 1
4. ACTS LIKE A WEE LASS DURHURHURHUR: 2

Strengths Total: 16
Weaknesses Total: 9

You are only two points away from splendids. TWO!!11 FIX DIS NAO, MUST HAVE DOKUJA
Back to top Go down
Räven
Vulpes Vulpes
Räven

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Weak to the SUN. Can't see as good in it, grows tired faster from physical activity and just all together don't like it. Which means she can herp a derp de derp aroun in the sun, but she prefers shadows and night and indoors. So the diet coke lite version of what a vampire will experience.
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Arright! I think that would be a 2 point weaknesses which balances you perfectly.

YOU ARE GOOD TO GO, SON.

I'll let some other people comment and stuff now but you have approvals from the Edwards!
Back to top Go down
Räven
Vulpes Vulpes
Räven

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:24 am

I need to modify the weakness where Dokuja ends up acting like a child.
I just considered moments where she ends up acting like seven instead of 524 and forgot all about the fact that she might end up being treated like a child for a long period of time.
So I am thinking she keeps her adult mind but everything she says and does is 'filtered' through a childification process and comes out as something a seven year old would say or do.

Example of Dokuja treated like an adult: Give me some of that milk you shitty excuse of a bartender, or I will break your fingers one by one.

Example of Dokuja treated like a child, trying to say the same sentence: I want milk you dummy or I will tickle you.

In addition more childish desires will emerge, like wanting to play, wanting to get hugs, wanting to be tickled and wanting to stay up late and eat candy every day.

So in other words she will keep her adult agenda and all her desires, motivations and all that but as long as she is treated like a kid she will act like one which makes it very difficult to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:37 am

Still fine by me! Also made of lols.
Back to top Go down
The Fanciful Cerberus
Liquor Taster

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 pm

I really like the concept for her behaving like a child or adult depending on how she's treated, because I feel it can create unique rp situations. I'm actually curious as to what would happen if someone was treating her like an adult at the same time someone was treating her like a child; it makes for interesting interactions. Her advantage of being wealthy makes sense, since she's very old (524 if your previous post is to be believed) and has had plenty of time to amass a fortune and advanced entrepreneurship I could definitely imagine in someone with so much time to gather experience. Martial arts isn't as obvious, but it's not that out of place and easily imaginable. If I was that size and potentially traveling around without an obvious 'adult' I'd definitely want to be able to defend myself.

Now, for the things that seem out of place... I don't know how much I can honestly grade the rest, considering that I have no idea what exactly she is, but her supernatural abilities seem out of place and random. Being bendy and venomous feel very out of place when compared to her other abilities, if only because they aren't explained. That's not to say I think you should post explanations; by all means, secrets are fun. With my lack of knowledge into the character's race or past, however, I can't help but feel as though they don't quite match up.

Regeneration, I don't have a problem with - in fact, I have a character with the exact same type of regeneration, right down to the decapitation and fire weaknesses, and temporary death from being impaled - and a part of me feels like it could somehow be linked to her youthful appearance. Somehow, it just seems to fit. I do, however, think that the fact that she isn't aging (or that she has an increased lifespan, as you're previous post implied it's going to be very long) should be added as an advantage.

Aside from that, I'm still somewhat confused over her high tolerance to heat and sunlight and contrasting weakness to... Heat (getting tired faster from the heat) and sunlight (having poor vision in the sun). You said that she prefers the night, but you also give her living in a desert as her reason for being tolerant of the heat. The desert, however, is cold at night. Of course, I can easily see her just coming out in the sun anyway, since the cold has such negative effects on her. I simply wanted to point that out in case it hadn't been considered. The contrasting strengths and weaknesses though, do confuse me terribly.

In closing, I really do like the concept for a character frozen in childhood and I think I'd very much like to rp with someone with such an interesting weakness that stems directly from how she's treated, but some of the other things - though it might be from a lack of knowledge into her past or race - just make my head spin.
Back to top Go down
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy
Kinzor

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Curious, does she have to be decapitated, or does extreme damage to the skull work the same. Like say, a dwarven flintlock to the skull? Would that work?

Or is it only decapitation?
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

Dokuja Aka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokuja Aka   Dokuja Aka EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Strengths:
1. High tolerance to heat & sunlight; 1

2. Entrepreneurship; 2
3. Wealth; 3
4. Martial Arts; 2