Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Thread of Ed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Slapping a topic up here for now so I remember I have the option of posting in it!

It shall be filled with miscellaneous, malleable Edinfos or musings I want/need to remember but am too lazy to arrange into an appropriately sitely format, and don't mind other people seeing.

For now here's yet another plug to his website.

CURRENT STATE OF ED: I haven't changed this in a while! The Ed is stocked up on booze and dried meatthings for the wintard and is politely disapproving of the new archmage. He's flustered and frustrated with how things are going, but is otherwise relatively content.

VOICE OF ED: I know, I know, this is a different ref than the one I've been usually giving out. Shay's voice is accurate, but too deep. This one is just about perfect, though! (Clicking doesn't seem to work, but copy-pasting does!) http://www.freewebs.com/edwardmercier/eringramochroi.mp3

Last edited by Edward on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy
Kinzor

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:49 am

Your link sends me right back to the forum :C
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 am

That's weird. I can't seem to fix it. ]:
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 pm

STUFF OF ED: I keep confusing myself and forgetting the things Ed managed to take with or summon to him after he got aderp'd in Skuldhellir so I'm making a list of what he has and why he still has it for my own reference.

ACCORDIUMS: Ed spent weeks cramming his brain with spell formulae until he could cast--just once--a summoning charm on a mundane item. He chose his precious accordion! Even when separated from it through great distance, he was able to activate the charm with some difficulty and gain the accordion into his possession again. It's a little battered, but it's better than nothing, and it's helped him through his depression.

PAYPURRS AND STUFF: Ed carries a select few documents with him at all Times; the papers that're sticking out of his clothes everywhere are usually these. A few of Edward's most important blueprints and letters managed to make it through his dimensional trip with him into Skuldhellir, but his others were not so lucky.

PIPE AND TERBACCY AND YARROW AND STUFF LIKE THAT: All on his person, all the Time. He's running low on the smokeysubstance and tea, though. ):
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 am

THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY EDWARD, EDWARD

In Times of rut I start to focus more on some aspects of my character and forget others. This is kind of easy for me to do since Ed is so multi-faceted and complicated and annoying, so I'm reminding myself of some of his traits, both prominent and obscure, because I always forget about SOME of them:

Spoiler:

I've probably forgot like nine bajillion more but I'll put them down as I think of them.

Also did you really read that whole thing? Good lord. Unless you're me, because me SHOULD read that whole thing to remember what his character is like.

Last edited by Edward on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

EDWARD'S LIST OF EDWARDISH MUSIC BECAUSE HIS PLAYLISTS ARE REALLY UNORGANIZED AND MADE OF FAIL WHICH MAKES FINDING THE RIGHT SONGS TO GET INTO CHARACTER REALLY DIFFICULT ALSO PLEASE SOMEONE TEACH THIS MAN HOW TO SORT HIS SHIT BEFORE IT AFFECTS SOMETHING SERIOUS LIKE BILLS

BY THE WAY MOST OF THIS ISN'T METAL OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO METAL BECAUSE EDWARD ISN'T A VERY METAL CHARACTER, SORRY 8'C

One of the songs that inspired Ed's creation, with fanciful but Eddish lyrics! (Eddish lyrics are hard to find in the first place.) If I did 'theme songs' this might just be my choice:
Anywhere Is by Enya

Eddish instrumentals. There's a lot of them because it's impossible to get all of his aspects together in one song:
Kitten Pig by Pentaphobe
The Magician's Apprentice by IMMEDIATE Music
Heimwarts Acoustic by Equilibrium
Deep Folk Song by Deep Forest
Tuulen Tytar by Moonsorrow
Dragons by Caravan Palace
Millennium Celtic Suite by The Chieftains
A Window to the Past by John Williams
The First of Autumn by Enya
Archibald by Lorenza Pollini
Oriel Window by Enya

OOPS I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE TIMESTREAM:
Forward to Time Past by John Williams
Moar clocky/Temporal Primey musics:
Dementia by Chris Vrenna
Taking Tea in Dreamland by Chris Vrenna
Heart of Darkness by Chris Vrenna
Aha! by Imogen Heap

Tunes he'd probably sing:
Here's a Health to the Company by The Chieftains
Ramblin' Rover by Silly Wizard
Home Again by Blackmore's Night
Twa Corbies by Omnia

The Briar and the Rose by Niamh Parsons

SUPER SPLENDID BONUS: Magpie! (Even though he is not a crow):
Three Black Crows by Blackmore's Night

VOICE REFERENCE (again):
Erin Gra Mo Chroi by ??? (I cannot for the life of me find this artist and it makes me sad.)

I will probably rape this post with edits booyeah

Last edited by Edward on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Wamg character sheet.

A lot of what's on here was repeated in the post two above this one but oh well.

Anything in spoiler tags is something your character wouldn't easily know without interacting with him, even if you, OOCly, know it to hell and back. >8O

ALIGNMENT
Lawful Neutral
Spoiler:

BASIC INFORMATION
Race: Human

Detailed Class(es): Dimensional Wizard

Full and complete name: Éadbhard Muiredach Mercier

Titles of any sort: Not really.

Sexual Orientation: Asexual and celibate.

Relationships, past or present: Plenty of friends.

Involvement with any associations, guilds, or militias: The Skuldhellir Wizards Guild.

Ranks or regards among said guilds, associations or militias: Associate.

Professions of any sort: Clockmaker.

Wealth status (Rich, Wealthy, Upper, Up-Mid, Mid, Low-Mid, Low, Poor): Low.

Jobs (that don't fall under profession) of any sort: Works for the Wizards Guild.

RELATIONS, ETC.
Place of birth:
Spoiler:

Wealth status during childhood(Uses same system):
Spoiler:

Current home(s): Skuldhellir.

Reason for making a home there:
Spoiler:

Known family members, and their relation to the character:
Spoiler:

Living members amongst said family:
Spoiler:

PERSONALITY
General happiness, 1-10:
Spoiler:

Social level 1-10: 4

Distinctive personality traits(Sarcasm, Black Humor, etc.):
Spoiler:

Ego of any sort: He doesn't have much of one.

Greed of any sort:
Spoiler:

Significant vices:
Spoiler:

Significant virtues:
Spoiler:

Feelings and tendencies towards alcohol:
Spoiler:

A brief personality description: Overall, Edward is a kind person; sympathetic and naive, he is easily taken advantage of, but his nervousness, timidity and general anxiousness make it difficult to get close enough to him to do so. He is something of an anomaly of ages, childish one moment, fatherly the next, with the easy-coming awe of a kid but the wisdom of someone far beyond his years; because of this, his true age is sometimes hard to guess. Like many mages, he is a brilliant--though, perhaps, not always creative--thinker.

Favorite things in life(Foods, colors, events, etc.):
Spoiler:

Least favorite things in life: Crowds, most wild beasts, water, conflict, cruelty. One of his most commonly known pet peeves is when people are very unspecific with naming a Time--"a little after three...ish". Additionally, damaging, breaking or ruining a clock or a watch is an easy way to make him flustered and unhappy.

1 Optimist, 10 Pessimist, 1-10:
Spoiler:

Significant or unusual traits or aspects: What about him ISN'T unusual?

Their current every-day life: On an average day, Edward usually gets up, winds his clocks, studies his spellbook, goes to work, runs errands, haunts the library, takes naps all over the place, and then goes home and goes back to bed again. Oh and he eats and goes for walks and all that fun stuff too. At least, we think so.

APPEARANCE
Facial appearance(Includes hair): Not exactly handsome, but memorable and endearing; high forehead, large, pointed nose, thin, pointy jaw and kind, gentle gray eyes. He has a smattering of freckles across his cheeks and wears a pair of round, gold glasses that are too large for him. His age shows most clearly on his face; there are lines by his eyes and mouth, and a general weariness sometimes comes through his expressions. He has a short mop, slightly longer in the back, of unruly, curly red hair that mightn't have seen a comb in months; he keeps himself clean-shaven through a handy combination of cantrips.

Skin color and appearance: Pale, lined and freckled. He appears unscarred, but it's hard to say--it's very rare that any of his skin, beyond that on his face and hands, is visible.

General body build: Tall and skinny, but not at all in a very pleasant or attractive way--he's particularly bony and knobbly, with little to no muscle, though he's a little squishy around the middle.

Best features: Probably his eyes and his magnificent schnozz.

Worst features: Everything that is not his eyes or his magnificent schnozz.

Favorite features of their own:
Spoiler:

Every day apparel(If any): He's rarely seen without his distinctive purple robe and gigantic, zig-zagged pointy hat, both covered in golden runes. Beneath them he's typically clad in a high-collared shirt and dark pants, and a pair of very worn boots that have surely seen much better days.

Armor, if any, and detailed descriptions of each piece: None! He's a wizard! The day wizards run around in armor is the day we all die.

Weapon(s), detailed description of each: The Clock Hand; a staff crafted of sturdy, enchanted iron, fashioned in shape to match its name.
Spoiler:

Any accessories(Bombs, enchantments, glasses, etc.): The oversized gold glasses mentioned above, a gold pocket watch, his belt and the little bags containing his reagents and his money. He also carries around a plain wooden pipe and a pouch of tobacco to smoke in it.

Significant or unusual marks or traits: He has a distinctive and occasionally debilitating stutter that gets worse the more afraid, distressed or awkward he's feeling. He also has a gentle Erish accent. Physically, though, there's nothing really strange about him.

ABILITIES
The specialization of their class(berserking warrior, fire mage):
Spoiler:

Skill and experience with their weapons:
Spoiler:

Skill and experience with any sorts of magic:
Spoiler:

Mastery of their class:
Spoiler:

Skill and experience with their professions: Edward is an excellent clockmaker, and probably the best around for miles.

Skill and experience in battle:
Spoiler:

Pre-prime, in their prime, or post-prime: Edward could be considered in the prime of his spellcasting career. Physically, however, it is debatable whether he's ever had a prime.

Favored weapons or skills: His staff, of course, and his magic. When possible, he prefers to use the latter to escape sticky situations rather than allow them to culminate into battle.

Special abilities or unusual skills: He is always aware of the exact hour, even without a clock or a watch, and can easily and accurately give the Time if he's asked for it. He is a linguist and knows several languages with fluency.

PROS AND CONS
What is appealing about them to others:
Spoiler:

What is unappealing about them to others:
Spoiler:

Where do they favor in battle:
Spoiler:
He's very good at running away or otherwise escaping combat entirely.

Where do they lack in battle: Edward isn't so good at delivering damaging spells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Thread of Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Ed   The Thread of Ed Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread of Ed
Page 1 of 1