Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nicolae Grimtide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

Nicolae Grimtide Empty
PostSubject: Nicolae Grimtide   Nicolae Grimtide EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:31 pm

So, I was thinking about using a character who for once isn't connected to ANY of my other chars...

Brief overview: This is a half-orc character I came up with once. He WAS a blacksmith, but I'm not sure if I'd keep him as that or have him do something else with his brawn... and I wasn't intentionally trying to base him off of pre-existing half-orcs (such as the ones in D&D), since I know little about orcs in the first place.

Strengths:
Natural-
*Physically strong; able to do heavy-lifting, although it isn't herculean strength he's got
*Great stamina
*Intimidating; given his height and build and the fact that Nicolae looks kind o' mean anyway, he has the possibility to intimidate others
*Tough-skinned; his skin is slightly tougher than that of an average human
*Sharp teeth; especially the canines, which are not unusually long but are unusually sharp

Magical-
N/A

Supernatural-
*Animals; wild, tough animals seem to calm down around Nicolae unless/until he triggers a fight-or-flight reflex
*Slightly increased hearing

Learned-
*Blacksmithing and weapons knowledge; knows how to weild heavier weapons
*Some improvization knowledge

Weaknesses:
*Heavy; makes swimming and moving quickly an issue
*Slower reflexes and agility (also not the sharpest tack in the box)
*Suspcious of dwarves and elves as a whole and others who easily associate with them
*Fits of rage/bezerking
*Not 'zactly pretty looking; funny colored skin, generally mean looking, gruff speaker, and very hairy
*Not magically inclined at all
*Can't stand temperature extremes
*Isn't a gentleman; he doesn't go out of his way to be a mean person, but his orcish blood can make him into a rude, boorish fellow on occasion
*Lack of feeling; his tougher skin doesn't make for a good sense of touch, and there are times where he might not feel a hot pot on his skin or a cut somewhere on his person

... That's all I've got right now. XD I really haven't touched the fellow since I made him back in... 2007, I believe? I'd appreciate some input on him, even if I end up never using him in Skuldhellir.

On the other hand, COULD I make him a bit of a gentle giant? I think my original idea of him was that his human blood and possible upbringing might've toned down his orcish half, and being a blacksmith around humanoids had sort of taken some of the edge off of any savageness he could've had. I have no idea if it'd be an okay break away from orc-ish clichés...
Back to top Go down
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy
Kinzor

Nicolae Grimtide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicolae Grimtide   Nicolae Grimtide EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:30 am

Derp. Moron who can't sleep ahoy. Since this isn't official and just the construction thing, I thought I'd waste your time!

Strengths
*Strength(*flex*): 3
*Stamina:2
*Intimidating: 1(while I say this would generally hit home, the town is quite used to orc invasions, and being a rough town as it is, I assume it'd lower that down. Dwarves don't take your shit.)
*Thick Skin: 2
*Sharp teeth: 1
*He could run a petting zoo: 1
*Good ears: 1
*Blacksmithing and weapon knowledge: 3-4 (could really be useful in Skuldhellir)
*Might star on Whose Line is it anyway: 1

Weaknesses
*Needs to lay off the twinkies: 2
*Not sharp. Bad reaction time: 2
*Suspicious of dwarves and elves: 2
*Anger management: 2
*Unnattractive: 1
*Not magically inclined(if he's not weak to it, is it really a weakness as a warrior?): 0
*Can't stand extreme temperatures: 1
*Lacks class: 1
*Lack of feeling: 2

Strengths total: 15-16
Weaknesses total: 13

Approved as much as a nobody can do. I like the idea. I'm not sure the citizens will like an orc (half or not), wandering the town though. Which should be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

Nicolae Grimtide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicolae Grimtide   Nicolae Grimtide EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:46 pm

"*Might star on Whose Line is it anyway: 1"
*dies and is DEAD* I love how you reword my stuff, Kinz. XD Thanks for puttin' in some input! I'm pleased to see that big hulk of half-orc seems to be able to be balanced out. x3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nicolae Grimtide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicolae Grimtide   Nicolae Grimtide Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicolae Grimtide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skuldhellir :: The Olde Inn :: The Workshop :: Character Construction-
Jump to: