Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Askai

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Simaskai
Stone Sober

Askai Empty
PostSubject: Askai   Askai EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:53 am

General:

Alt Name: Askai

A brief description of your character: Askai's a 31 (old for his race) year old retired humanoid newt (huwt?) general. Coming in at 166 cm and weighing about 90 kg he's quite broad shouldered. This makes him quite the sight combined with his dark grey slimey skin but his age and past is showing in the many scars and slightly hunched posture.

Why/How is your character in Skuldhellir: After finishing his military career he decided to find a place as far away from his motherland as possible where he could spend the rest of his days. He arrived by boat at Skuldhellir with quite a bit of his spoils of war in tow.

Strengths:

Natural:
Military training: Thanks to his disciplined military training he's still quite fit with an above average strenght and speed.
Hallucinogenous skin: His dark grey skin is coated with a thick and slimey hallucinogen. It is very potent and takes effect rather quickly, naturally it does not affect him. The coating is slightly thicker at his 4 fingered hands, 5 toed feet and his tail.

Learned:
Basic survival: During his military training he picked up on basic survival skills.
Combat prowess: He's very skilled in all sorts of combat but he prefers fighting with a spear or a crossbow.
Military tactics: As a retired general, he has seen them all.
Literacy: He enjoys reading very much, hates writing.

Supernatural: (I'll put all the extra stuff here.)
Wealth: Thanks to his very succesful career he's filthy rich although he only brought a decent size of his wealth with him. Leaving the rest at his motherland to call upon if needed.
Equipment: He only brought his ceremonial armour and spear with him. It isn't the highest combat quality but it can function if needed.

Weaknesses:

Age: He's already quite old at 31. So age has definitly made it's mark as despite his strength and speed he's already losing his agility and senses. His eyesight, hearing and smell slowly fading away whilst his skill in weaving inbetween blades is lost as quickly as the cartilage in his spine.
War wounds: His sucessful military career came with many moments of waking up covered in bandages. Many of these wounds still pain him. Especially during prolonged physical activity. Thus he won't be wearing any armour or using weaponry for longer periods.
Amplified magic: The thick coating on his skin seems to amplify the effects of magic. Any magical effect cast on him quickly spirals out of control. A small fireball that hits him quickly becomes an inferno of hellfire as the magical effect ripples through the coating. Any magical effect cast on him quickly spirals out of control causing terrible terrible damage to him.
Extreme paranoia: He suffers from nearly constant anxiety and paranoia. This gravely affects his decisions and can often physically tire him.

Last edited by Simaskai on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lazer
cheap on friday
cheap on friday
Lazer

Askai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askai   Askai EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 pm

aight lemme give this a wing.

Strengths:

Training - 3
Skin - 1
Survival skills - 2
Combatant - 4
Tactical - 2
Literate - 0
Wealthy - 1

Total - 13

Weaknesses:

Old - 2
Wounded - 3
Magic Owies - 4
Paranoia - 1

Total - 10

Good enough for me. Does the magical amplification only apply on himself or if it's an area effect spell will it like explode everything around him?
Back to top Go down
Simaskai
Stone Sober

Askai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askai   Askai EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:22 pm

It applies to the slimey coating on his skin. So if a tiny fireball hits it, his whole skin could potentially light up in an inferno, possibly with flaming blobs of the stuff flying everywhere.

So the area it effects kind of depends on the magic that hits him. Lightning can make the jump between people with ease. But healing magic won't affect an area, it would just cause tumors to grown all over him for example.
Back to top Go down
Simaskai
Stone Sober

Askai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askai   Askai EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Made 2 small edits:

His armour isn't plate anymore and the shield's gone as well./
Reasoning: It doesn't make much sense for a swamp/aquatic race to use heavy plate armour.
They'd be way more likely to use scale armour.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

Askai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askai   Askai EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 am

I love the look of Askai. I love old characters and ones of unusual races, so.. there y'are! Lemme do a quick number set on him.

STRENGTHS
-Military training: 3
-Hallucinogenous skin: 1-3 (depending on how bad the hallucinations are)
-Basic survival: 1
-Combat prowess: 3
-Military tactics: 2
-Literacy: 0
-Wealth: 4 (Wealth has a massive impact on the setting)
-Equipment: 0 (It's assumed that folks have basic equipment)

WEAKNESSES
-War wounds: 3-4
-Amplified magic: 3
-Extreme paranoia: 2

Totals:
14-16 vs. 12-13

Looks fine to me. Accepted unless someone has a problem!
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Sponsored content

Askai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askai   Askai Empty

Back to top Go down

Askai
Page 1 of 1