Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This WILL not pass

Go down 
+2
Lauren
Lares
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lares
Hrhr!

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

YEAH, Lares x3

Strengths

Physical
Exceptional Strength, stronger then an Ogre already.
Very sturdy body, he can take alot of a beating.
Strong natural weapons.
His thick coat protects him slightly from blunt damage.
If prepared, he won't feel any pain at all.
Can fight, up to the last breath, even if he is deadly wounded, he will only stop fighting, when he is dead.

Personality
Very couragious, he never feels fear.
Charismatic

Knowledge:
War: 4/5 Not a tactic mastermind, but quite capable of doing good battle-tactics. Also covers training units.
Sword-fighting 5/5 You will rarely meet someone with his skill.
Druidic knowledge 1/5 Almost nothing, but he does know a little bit of archaic magic lore.

Supernatural:
Dragon-blooded Ya know, the whole changeing into a dragon.

Two druidic Rituals: Tulimyrski. After negotioating with the fire and ice elementals in the near, he can bound them to him. He looks VERY terrefying while that, but makes only a bit of damage arround him.
Bound by blood: He can take wounds from others, on himself.
Both needs more then 10 prepes, because of preparing.

Long live: Through that a genie is bound to him, he lives very long, 1000 years and 1000 days longer.

Other:
So rich, that it's just ridicolous.
Harem, a place where he can hide, and is pretty safe. Surrounded by desert, and guarded by a huge Naga, an ex-soldier and two eunuch guards.

Weaknesses

Physical:
Weak to poison and illnesses, except rabies, he is immune to rabies.
Four fingers: He can't really do any precice work with them.
Heat: He cannot endure warm places for long, and fire hurts him ALOT. If he is set on fire, it's hard to put out.

Personality
Horrible lazy. Now with no poisition to hold, he simply is not driven to do anything at all.
Pride.
Easy to anger.
Hedonist. He will barely do anything now, that won't give him any pleasure.
Naive. Now with far more experience, this weakness is weaker. Still, there is stuff that he can't understand.

Knowledge:
Can't read or write.
Knows that he can buy alcohol with gold....but thats it that he knows about gold.
He is really not that smart. His knowledge is simply focused on war and fighting.

Supernatural:
Allergic to healing magic.
In his dragonform, he is invincible...except for the wings. A hit there, stabbed through, and he is soon forced into his normal shaped, badly wounded as well.

Other:
Isolophobia: He is affraid of beeing alone. So, he has a really hard time, travelling alone.
Fear of electric shocks
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Strenghts:
1. Extreme strength; 5
2. Sturdy body; 4
3. Natural weapons; 3
4. Thick coat; 3
5. If prepared, no pain feeling? Elaborate? 3?
6. Fighting litterally unto death; 3

7. Never feels fear; 2
8. Charismatic; 1

9. War tactics knowledge; 3
10. Sword-fighting; 5
11. Druid knowledge; 1

12. Dragon-blood; 5

13. Druidic rituals; 10+1 (max preps + # of magics)

14. Longevity; 5

15. Extremely rich; 5
16. Harem; 0

Weaknesses:
1. Weak to poison, illnesses; 3
2. Four fingers; 2
3. Heat + weak to fire; 4
4. Horribly lazy; 3
5. Prideful; 2
6. Easy to anger; 3
7. Hedonist; 3
8. Naive; 1
9. Illiterate; 3
10. Gold lack of knowledge? 5 (considering his riches...?)
11. Not very intelligent; 2

12. Allergic to healing magic; 3
13. Weakspots in dragony wings; 4
14. Isolophobia; 3
15. Electricity; 2

Total:
Strengths = 60
Weaknesses = 43
Back to top Go down
Lares
Hrhr!

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Ah daaaamn....how could I balance him more? x3 He would be more the legend, someone people could try to get help in a hopeless situation.
They have to travell a large desert, fight bandits while that and reach his lair. And then try to, convince him.
More of a plot char...but still x3 He need some...balancing changes...
Edit: Oh, and it means. Like, before a fight, he can go in a state, he won't feel any pain at all. It just needs an half hour.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm not sure, Lares. He's... strong, somewhat magically talented, can turn into a DRAGON, can apparently control fire and ice (and yet is damaged greatly by fire?), extremely rich, knows how to fight and go to war...

And yet he's not very smart otherwise, can get sick, has one major weakspot on the wings (wings = can't fly if damaged; could be permanent in some species), and he has some personality issues (like being lazy). They just... I kind of want to tell you to nerf or remove some of his strengths, but I'm not sure if they were all legitametly gained in roleplay or just something' you stuck on Lares after a time.
Back to top Go down
Lares
Hrhr!

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:11 pm

all except the Dragon thing [my idea, just my idea] Were usually gain through Rp. He started, slightly weaker as dragon, but in these three years, he gained some strenth. Oh, and he isn't immortal, just his lifespan got longer.
And his fire and ice...maybe I cut it. It only works in Northkeep then.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:03 pm

*knows what longevity is, not to worry*

The fire and ice thing would be "okay", if he wasn't already weak to fire. Just seems kind of contradictory, and that's kind of the issue I have with it. Seems weird to be able to control something that can seriously hurt you, magically speaking.
Back to top Go down
Lares
Hrhr!

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, he can't controll it. He just negotiate with fire and ice spirits, to aid him in battle. This results in a storm of fire and ice arround him, he is immune to it, but others will get slightly harmed. Slightly, the effect is more on invoking fear in enemies, seeing this terrible warrior in a storm of ice and fire.
He cannot shoot fire or ice at enemies at all.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Hrm... I'll let someone else come take a look at that then. Oddly enough most peculiar mixes of things are not my field of expertise.
Back to top Go down
Lares
Hrhr!

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah, ya can really see, that Lares got in alot of weird shit...he was my main chara x3
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Stone Sober

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Okay, so I can't stop my eye from twitching until I get my thoughts out there.
First off, let me begin by saying this: Lares, I have absolutely nothing against you. I actually like you, from the conversations we've had! However....Bad stuff is coming from here on out.

I see this. A legend.

Lares.
If it's rare to see others able to wield swords and swordplay equally or more adeptly than Lares, then I get the image of a few handfuls of people. That just seems crazy to me.

In dragon form, he's invincible, except for his wings? I think it's rediculous, since he could do anything to anyone and get away with it without a scratch. The idea just blew my mind.

Even in his mundane, normal form, he's a total force to be reckoned with. He keeps fighting until dead or impaired. Can't feel pain? May not seem big since he can still die the same, but chances are until he's dead, the other will go down first since he won't flinch or the like.

He's rediculously rich. He can get whatever he want, though I suppose that balances itself out with the only spending it on booze.

I see no physical weaknesses, honestly. Except the weakness to poison and illness. I only assume it's more of a weakness than normal, since normal people aren't immune to these things.

Sure, he's allergic to healing magic, but in his dragon form, why would he ever need it? Even in his mundane, normal form, he doesn't feel pain. Unless it's severe and will cause death, I could see this being a huge, potential problem. Otherwise, he could just bear with it until it heals naturally.

I, personally, disagree with this harem concept. Although I'm aware he would be outside the dream and nowhere near Skuldhellir(Right?) he's got a very secretive place with great defense. This could cause problems if he were to ever be wanted and say "Hey, I need to run" Thus goes to the his harem, which if it could be found, then the problems of these great soldiers would have to be dealt with.

I honestly think the evaluation was done wrong. The strengths are enormous and there are no physical weaknesses while most of his physical strengths are offset by personality quirks and habits. He's still the same, great warrior from his strengths, with his personality quirks doing little to hinder that. He won't let himself just die.

You have no idea how bugged I am by this whole entire pre-submission.

Once again, I will say this, though. I have no problems with any of the people within this particular thread. I like both of you, really. I just want to make clear how I feel like this application was given too much balance, even when it is already declared unbalanced. The two topics are seperate. You're both awesome, I love thou, but this is the first time I've had this big a problem.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:46 pm

He's not bringing Lares to SH, though. I mean, clearly he wouldn't be allowed in as is. :p He brought Lares' kid.
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Equinox
Stone Sober

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 pm

This relieves me! I knew Lares didn't expect it to pass to begin with, but when he spoke of changing some things to make it balance out, I was just a little agitated with what I saw. Moar like O.O.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah. Like, he wants to use Lares as a plot character if the need arises, so he'd be allowed to be a little stronger than normal characters. It's like when someone makes a strong villain for a plot, knowing that they won't be in the storyline for long. But if someone wants Lares' help, they'll have to quest through the desert to find him and stuff. Now, if we were to do that, we'd definitely need to nerf this a considerable deal... but I liked the idea!
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Pssst, Frowin, because I just saw this topic now...

I'm one of the mediators who is still kind of getting the hang of this, buddy. No offense taken at all, but try to take some comfort in the fact and after the fact that even with a possibly wrong evaluation he's still waaaay not balanced. x3
Back to top Go down
Simaskai
Stone Sober

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am

What about taking the Legendary Storyline aspect from this character and weave it directly into the concept?

For example:

- He can only leave his lair for a set amount of time before he must return.
- Special conditions have to be met?

Stuff that essentially binds him.
I mean, seeing as he's intended to be Legendary then he shouldn't casually hang out in the pub. (Or he might for the short periods of freedom instead of helping out for whatever reason he left his lair, considering his limited knowledge of wealth.)

So I think the concept of a Legend is fine but it needs an aspect that limits his time of being out there kicking ass and chewing gum.
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:07 am

Heh, that was one of the plans I had for Edwin, juice up his power a bit but give him a lot of restrictions outside of his keep.
Back to top Go down
Lares
Hrhr!

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 am

Lares won't be even in this place, I was more curious how he gets rated x3 I know not balanced but all, but how badly x3
He is, but a plot chara, he won't enter Skull without someone taking him there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This WILL not pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: This WILL not pass   This WILL not pass Empty

Back to top Go down

This WILL not pass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skuldhellir :: The Olde Inn :: The Workshop :: Character Construction-
Jump to: