Skuldhellir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New character ideas

Go down 
+3
Edward
Lauren
Heimdall
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

New character ideas Empty
PostSubject: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:47 am

So I want to roleplay a Bad Guy. Not an outright villain, but just someone who's generally selfish, amoral, misogynistic, underhanded, and nasty. I also now really want to roleplay the owner of the arena on the outskirts of town since I have cool ideas about it, and I'd just like to see them get into RP. Now, it seems like these things go together pretty well, so I'm going to ramble about character ideas here.

The character would be anthro, male, and middle aged. I want him to be fairly tall but with terrible posture. Maybe a bit on the buff side from handling wild animals, but with some flabbiness to his gut, since he enjoys his wines and fine noms. His muzzle will be bent from an old break. Now that I think about him, he's almost a sort of "bad Vaso." Some kind of wildman who came into money.

As for species, I'm not sure. It'd be awesome to make him a civilized gnoll, but there are some things about that that wouldn't mesh right. I kinda want to RP something I haven't RPed before. Maybe a rat, minotaur, or even some kind of weird flesh-eating horse anthro. I reckon he'd be fully mundane.

He'd have some money--not a lot by a long shot, but enough to run the arena. I think he'd have worked for the old arena master for a while and somehow inherited the place. Then he proceeded to make it much more brutal, which drew more money from more shady characters.

He loves money, young women, expensive alcohol, and food. He enjoys violence to some degree, but more for its money-earning possibilities. He's only a tiny bit sadistic. He cares mostly about himself. He's NOT a sociopath... for example, he's not averse to making friends, but they better be useful. You CAN get on his good side for various reasons, and he'll treat you well.

He'll dress sharply: doublet, poofy-sleeved poet shirt, and poofy breeches. LOTS of jewelry and decoration, even if it's cheap stuff (glass gems, fake gold, etc..). He's in Skuldhellir for the money and doesn't have much interest in learning about the magic stuff... unless he can somehow personally benefit from it. That will come about in RP.

As for his history... I need to decide on his species first. But do y'all like the sound of him? And would anyone mind me playing the arena master?
Back to top Go down
http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Oooh, I like the sound of this character! Yes yes, play him plz? As for species... hm... minotaur might be an interesting pick, actually!
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 pm

I definitely love the sound of this guy, and I think he'd make an amazing and downright badass arena master!

Rats are overdone as 'bad guys' and meat-eating horses are a bit out there, so I'm going with Lauren in agreement about the minotaur idea. I fucking love minotaurs, and they're balanced nicely between anthro and monster, giving you some leeway when it comes to how you'd like to play him and lets you add habits/aspects to him that a normal cow anthro wouldn't have.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Awesome! I did want to get a noble for him eventually, since it'd fit so well. >D Hopefully they'll do a noble bovine soon. :3 I do love minotaurs! I think I'll even give him a nose ring. >D

Since he isn't a gnoll, I have more leeway with his background. I want him to have lived pretty crappily in some big city. He was in a gang of urchin kids as a wee one, though he wasn't an orphan or anything. He was just a bitch. Then he heard about the gold in Skuldhellir and went to try and make it big. But he didn't find anything and lived really badly for a couple years, until getting a job working for the old arenamaster.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:51 pm

*epic thumbs and toes up!*
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm

This sounds 100% awesome.

So by the Time we open up, I guess he will have only just recently come into the position of new arenamaster since the old one died/had left the arena in such a state of ruin/wanted to wash his hands of the arena?
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

That sounds about right! :> I'm keeping some aspects of his history secret for now, though, just cuz.
Back to top Go down
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Seekrits are good!

I think this guy's good so far. He sounds really damn awesome. I'm glad you decided to go for the position of arena master, s'gon' be so fun.
Back to top Go down
XinonHyena
Bardman
XinonHyena

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Ah sounds awesome, people should use teh bovines a little more. xD
Perhaps his doings could've just started when Skuldhellir is launched, giving already for some 'talk of the town' to begin with. Talk of the towns are epicsweet.
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:56 pm

First rule about Kain-club: you don't talk about Kain-club.

This is really interesting! Badass cow for the win!
Back to top Go down
Sneeuw
Slightly Tipsy
Sneeuw

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:56 pm

My personal choice would have been horse. I love horse anthros and I barely get to see them. Then again, while I have seen few horse anthros, I've not seen a single minotaur character yet. And I've already been outvoted anyway.

Everything sounds really good! As much as misogynism sucks, it's an interesting and useful character trait to have in role play, to prevent the whole population from being overly nicey-nicey and like-minded. Thumbs up from me, too! I wish I could offer suggestions, but you seem to be doing well enough with this character on your own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sneeuw-w.webs.com
Räven
Vulpes Vulpes
Räven

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I do like this very much. Perhaps because of the new direction Ahja has taken. Given her size and rather "wha'evah" attitude to most things she'd probably make a good arena worker. Would've been fun to have her as some main attraction but since I don't want her killed dead and because she's already hurt like a really hurt person she doesn't fight too well anyway. So, arena worker, possibly some kind of "mercy killer" that ends the suffering of badly hurt combatants.

*nods a bit*

Anyway! Just a suggestion! It fits too well with the plans I have for Zaki so I couldn't ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:34 pm

That is really cool, Zaki! Hmm... I think we should leave it up to RP! This guy would love the idea of having a big hulking awesome person to work for him, but he really does think less of women... I'm not sure what he'd decide, yet, so we can do it in RP. :3
Back to top Go down
Räven
Vulpes Vulpes
Räven

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Yes, yes. Zaki'd probably dislike him as much as he would dislike her but I still see them putting that aside in favour of mutual interests. It's so cliche but I don't care. Cliches are overused for a reason. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New character ideas   New character ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

New character ideas
Page 1 of 1