The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lauren
Fuzzbutt

PostSubject: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 am

My Dad always sends me amusing chain emails, and a lot of them have to do with the government... or Texas... or both... but I usually don't read 'em (lazy is I~), but this time I got a look at the most recent one sitting in my inbox...

And I felt like sharing it with y'all because it's 1) pretty true & 2) somewhat amusing.

California vs Texas

California

Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks dog.

#1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

#2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 upon relocating it.

#3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200 testing it for diseases.

#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.

#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while wildlife services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous animals.

#6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.

#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.

#8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for letting the Governor intervene.

#9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.

#10. PETA protests the coyote relocation and files suit against the state.

Texas

#1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging.
Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge. Buzzards eat dead coyote.

Any wonder why California is broke?

An' tha's one o' th' best things 'bout family; even if ya make th' biggest mistake o' yer life...
they'll still 'old ya dear in their 'earts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XinonHyena
Bardman

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Indeed a pretty funny comparison but still if the texan governor misses the coyote a few times he'll have lost a bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 am

....Things like this make my day. I have so many relatives in Texas who'd get a kick out of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heimdall
Hornbearer

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 am

Except that the governor of California just so happens to be Conan the Cimmerian. He wouldn't even waste the $0.50 on the bullet. He'd just punch the coyote to death. O:<

View user profile http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Edward
Wizamaturr

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:52 am

^^^

XinonHyena
Bardman

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Quote :
Except that the governor of California just so happens to be Conan the Cimmerian. He wouldn't even waste the $0.50 on the bullet. He'd just punch the coyote to death. O:<

And then they make an action movie out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauren
Fuzzbutt

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 pm

XD Yeeees.

An' tha's one o' th' best things 'bout family; even if ya make th' biggest mistake o' yer life...
they'll still 'old ya dear in their 'earts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:34 pm

XD Omg... I love this one.
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Prepare to be Californiated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:36 pm

XD I'll take the Texas way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   

Back to top Go down

Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1