The forums for the Furcadia roleplaying guild.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... Empty
PostSubject: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 am

My Dad always sends me amusing chain emails, and a lot of them have to do with the government... or Texas... or both... but I usually don't read 'em (lazy is I~), but this time I got a look at the most recent one sitting in my inbox...

And I felt like sharing it with y'all because it's 1) pretty true & 2) somewhat amusing.

California vs Texas

California

Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks dog.

#1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

#2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 upon relocating it.

#3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200 testing it for diseases.

#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.

#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while wildlife services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous animals.

#6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.

#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.

#8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for letting the Governor intervene.

#9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.

#10. PETA protests the coyote relocation and files suit against the state.

Texas

#1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging.
Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge. Buzzards eat dead coyote.

Any wonder why California is broke?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
XinonHyena
Bardman
XinonHyena

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Indeed a pretty funny comparison but still if the texan governor misses the coyote a few times he'll have lost a bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinzor
Slightly Tipsy
Kinzor

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 am

....Things like this make my day. I have so many relatives in Texas who'd get a kick out of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heimdall
Hornbearer
Heimdall

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 am

Except that the governor of California just so happens to be Conan the Cimmerian. He wouldn't even waste the $0.50 on the bullet. He'd just punch the coyote to death. O:<

View user profile http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia.html
Edward
Wizamaturr
Edward

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:52 am

^^^

XinonHyena
Bardman
XinonHyena

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Quote :
Except that the governor of California just so happens to be Conan the Cimmerian. He wouldn't even waste the $0.50 on the bullet. He'd just punch the coyote to death. O:<

And then they make an action movie out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauren
Fuzzbutt
Lauren

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 pm

XD Yeeees.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:34 pm

XD Omg... I love this one.
Back to top Go down
Ulrin Lightbringer
Ropeman
Ulrin Lightbringer

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Prepare to be Californiated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:36 pm

XD I'll take the Texas way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...   Someone's gonna smack me for posting this... Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone's gonna smack me for posting this...
Page 1 of 1